A real estate agent is more than just a sales person. Your agent acts on your behalf, providing you with advice and guidance when selling your home, and looks after your best interest. Due to the constant changing of the market, the information available online is not always 100% accurate. There are times when you need the most current information, and the only way to get that is with a real estate agent.
You don’t need to use a real estate agent to sell your home, but you may want to consider the benefits of having a real estate agent versus not using one.
There are several advantages when using a real estate agent to sell your home:
Your house will be added to the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) so that large numbers of buyers will have access to your property information.
- Your agent absorbs all of the cost of advertising and marketing.
- Your agent handles all appointments and showings.
- Your agent handles the due diligence on any offer received and make sure the contract is complete and fair.
- Your agent helps you through the negotiation process.
- Your agent manage the transaction to ensure timely completion of vital steps.
These are just a few items that your agent will do on your behalf. In short, you will be provided with professional advice and service from the beginning to the end.
Deciding whether to use an agent or not depends on if you feel fully confident that you can handle all of the details, then you may well want to attempt selling your house on your own. If not, you most likely will want to use a real estate agent and leave the details to them.