Selecting a Realtor®
Your most important decision when selling your home is the selection of the person you choose to represent you (see 4 Reasons to Hire a Realtor).
My job as your Realtor is to support you in selling your home with the best possible terms, and to aid you through the entire process.
I will explain the process of selling a home, and familiarize you with the various activities, documents and procedures that you will experience throughout the transaction.
Tips for Selecting a Realtor
Your Real Estate Professional should be:
- Aware of the complicated local and state requirements affecting your transaction.
- Effective in multi-party, face-to-face negotiations.
- Highly-trained, with access to programs for continued learning and additional certifications.
- Resourceful in attracting the largest possible pool of potential buyers.
- Knowledgeable in the technology resources that facilitate the transaction.
- Assisted by a fully-staffed marketing department.
- Supported by professional legal counsel.
As an experienced listing agent and a Certified Negotiation Expert (CNE®) I am fully qualified to do this and more.
Developing a Marketing Strategy
To sell your home quickly and with the best possible terms, it’s necessary to prepare your home for the market. This process includes:
- Deciding when to put your home on the market.
- Establishing a strategic price based on recent comparable sales, local market conditions and your motivation to sell.
- Estimating probable net proceeds.
- Advising you on how to make your home more appealing to potential buyers.
Marketing Your Property
- Ordering a “FOR SALE” sign to be placed prominently on your property.
- Installing a lock box to make it easy for agents to show your home.
- Submitting your home to the regional Multiple Listing Service for immediate exposure to the real estate community.
- Arranging Realtors in the area to tour the home.
- Developing a flyer/brochure highlighting the features and benefits of your home.
- Promoting your home at the appropriate Association(s) of Realtors’ for maximum exposure to other cooperating agents.
- Holding open houses when appropriate.
- Contacting your neighbors to promote the property.
- Advertising your property on our regular office schedule meetings.
- Featuring your property on our web site and major home sales sites, e.g., REALTOR.com, Zillow.com, and Trulia.com.
- Asking clients and colleagues if they know of possible buyers.
Managing the Transaction
You’ll appreciate having a strong advocate on your side during the transaction!
Negotiating the Offer
I will immediately present and explain all offers to you. You will be able to accept, reject, or counter any offer presented. During the negotiation process, I will leverage my experience and skills to advocate your interests:
- Reviewing the contract and obligations before you sign.
- Explaining how contingencies and release clauses work.
- Protecting you from signing a “blank check” for unknown problems or repairs.
- Defining legal disclosure requirements.
- Orchestrate the offer process for “back-up” offers, if necessary.
Throughout the negotiation, I will provide you with a professional, objective point of view; but the final decision of accepting an offer is yours.
After the Offer is Accepted
Once an offer is accepted, I will manage all the details to make the process as stress-free and efficient as possible:
- Staying in contact with the buyer’s agent to ensure a smooth escrow.
- Following up on the progress of the buyer’s loan.
- Monitoring all contingency removal deadlines.
- Assisting you if a conflict with the buyer arises.
Finalizing and Closing the Transaction
Finalizing the process includes reviewing all closing documents and ensuring both parties have copies. When the transaction has closed, I will ensure you receive your fund and deliver the keys to the new owner.