I did an analysis of your home value (based on the limited tax record data) and considering similar houses sold in the area, I believe your home value is in the price range of $551k to $632k depending on the level of updates. A PDF file was emailed to you showing how I made adjustments to come up with the valuation along with this link showing homes that were used in the analysis:
A more accurate analysis can be made after I view your house in person.
Inventory remains extremely low which should allow us to list the property at the top of the price range. Here are current competition in the same 22308 ZIP code
Here is inventory in the general Southeast Alexandria area, east of Route 1
Home Selling Process
Here is more information about our home selling process:
And here are reviews about my team:
- Appliances – recommend replacing appliances with stainless steel. You can also check dents and dings appliances with Salaman at Adams Appliances (571) 572-1364
- Light fixtures – simple surface mounted LED lights work best for the bedrooms, hallways, and even your kitchen
- Flooring – recommend using luxury vinyl plank for foyer, living room, 1st floor bedroom, and bathrooms. I use this one from Lowe’s SMARTCORE 11-Piece 5-in x 48.03-in Linden Pine Luxury Vinyl Plank Flooring. I use this product at my rental condo: https://www.pinyob.com/walutes/. Antonio (703) 597-7214 can do a good job with the installation.
- For hardwood refinishing, Antonio knows a flooring company that can do the work. Otherwise, I have to call around to see who can do it. The work should be about $3 per square foot.
- Bathroom – recommend replacing bathroom tub surround and shower surround. Antonio did these for another house at a very reasonable price. Note the tub floor was glazed, so you can ask him for the contractor that does glazing.
You can see the full listing with photos and a virtual 3D tour here.
- Master bathroom – I think it is worthwhile to put in a nice light fixture. This is what we did at the condo:
This is the light we used allen + roth Merington 5-Light Nickel Transitional Vanity Light Bar
- Electricals – I recommend the following:
- Securing outlets and wires in the basement
- Just get quotes for the electrical panel but don’t change it yet
- Change all outlets without ground (2 prongs) to the ground (3 prongs) outlets
- Change all outlet covers and light switch covers
- Add GFCI outlets in bathrooms and in kitchen
- N.C.S. Electric LLC at 703-297-2107 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Countertop – I highly recommend going to a granite counter. You can get it done cheap with Star Marble & Granite at (703) 338-0876 or SALES@starmarbleandgranite.com.
- Roof – call Mid-Atlantic at (703) 492-4663 or email@example.com. The inspection should be free.
- Power Washer – call Juan at (703) 504-8746
Please feel free to contact me if you need anything.